Orlando Draws a Crowd for IBS and KBIS
The 2018 Design & Construction Week is officially in the books, running Jan. 9-11, 2018, in Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center. Comprised of the NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) and NKBA Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), the combined events drew more than 85,000 attendees.
Exhibit space for IBS was 583,000 square feet, where more than 1,500 exhibitors displayed building products and technology. KBIS covered 420,000 square feet of exhibit space, featuring approximately 700 exhibitors. In addition to meeting suppliers and seeing demonstrations throughout the three-day show, attendees had the opportunity to network with peers and attend more than 140 education sessions led by industry experts on a wide range of topics.
Best of show award winners were announced by both IBS and KBIS on January 11. Considering innovation, functionality and good design, 27 industry and media judges awarded 2018 Best of IBS Awards in nine categories plus a Best in Show winner:
- Best in Show: AeroBarrier by Aeroseal LLC
- Best Bath Product: Precision Frameworks Easy Frame by Precision Frameworks
- Best Energy Efficient Product: Ecobee4 by ecobee
- Best Green Building Product: DLS Series SL280NV Ultra-Low NOx Furnace by Lennox Industries
- Best Home Technology Product: Onelink Safe and Sound Smoke/CO Alarm by BRK Brands, Inc.
- Best Indoor Living Product: Home Automation Hub by Eaton
- Best Kitchen Product: Artis Wall by ARTISWall
- Best Outdoor Living Product: Aero-Therm Innovative Coatings by Advance Coatings Group (tie) and Aquor House Hydrant by Aquor Water Systems (tie)
- Best Window and Door Product: VELUX Active by VELUX America Inc.
- Most Innovative Building Product: AeroBarrier by Aeroseal LLC
Best of KBIS award winners were hand-selected by a five person judging committee and comprise of gold and silver winners in three categories plus a best in show winner:
- Best of Kitchen, Gold: Tresco Lighting by Rev-A-Shelf
- Best of Kitchen, Silver: FlexWash + FlexDry by Samsung Electronics
- Best of Bath, Gold: Grid by Kallista
- Best of Bath, Silver: D-KAURI designed by Daniel Germani for Cosentino
- Best of Smart Home Technology: Front Load Washer with QuickDrive by Samsung Electronics
- Best in Show: Grid by Kallista
Design & Construction Week 2019 will return to Las Vegas, running Feb. 19-21, 2019.
This article originally appeared in our sister publication, Qualified Remodeler.